Day 24 - Epiphany (January 6):
Task 1: Tell us: What’s your favorite trilogy?
I have put on my thinking cap and dipped into the well and I have come up dry. I can't think of a single one that I have read and liked well enough (or even remember) to call it a favorite.

Task 2:  Chalking the door is an Epiphany tradition in some places, to bless a home for the coming year.  Different patterns exist, with different meanings.  If you could create your own pattern to bless your house next year, what would it look like?
I'm not clever and I would end up using something already in existence, the peace symbol:

Task 3: Compile a post containing one image for every gift mentioned / added in each new verse of The Twelve Days of Christmas (lyrics here: https://www.41051.com/xmaslyrics/twelvedays.html).

Again not feeling clever but here is one we can all appreciate.

Task 4: Prepare your favorite spicy dish or holiday drink containing spices and share a photo. Also sharing the recipe is optional but welcome!
I used to love fiery food. Not so much anymore. I like dishes where the herbs and spices enhance the flavors of the ingredients, not attack my mouth with overpowering fire. I would very much like to make the dish I'm offering up here but it serves 6 and we are only 2 and my kids don't like lamb so much (especially my son-in-law and I always make sure to cook things I know he likes). I'm trying to figure out who I can invite to share the dish but in the meantime, I can share the dish with you all. And, the dish is kind of a Middle Eastern dish and that fits with the Magi, so here goes. The key spices for flavor are allspice, sage and cinnamon stick:
  • 2-3 lbs of lamb cut into strips (like for wok cooking)
  • 3 yellow onions slices (not sweet onions if you can help it)
  • 1 small box of raisins (yes, I'm laughing because she means one of those one ounce boxes you used to get in a six pack) --about a 1/4 cup
  • optional 1/2 cup pecans (I don't use them)
  • 2-3 dashes of garlic powder
  • optional 2 tomatoes cut up (I'm lazy and just use a can of dice tomatoes)
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 stick cinnamon
  • 2 cups rice (Mom used Uncle Ben's Converted Rice)
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 teasppon ground pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
  • optional chopped parsley
  • 3 cups boiling beef bouillon  (Mom used the cubes
 In a 12 inch skillet (with high sides and a lid), saute the meat and the onions in 2-3 tablespoons oil until the onions are soft and the beef is browned.  Add the rest of the ingredients except the bouillon and the cinnamon, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the bouillon and the cinnamon, cover and cook on a low light for 25 minutes (or until the rice is cooked and the liquid absorbed.
Book: Read a book with three main characters; books about traveling on a journey to a faraway place, a book that’s part of a trilogy, with a star on the cover, with the word “twelve” or “night” in the title, or concerning kings or spices.