Day 12 -- St. Andrew's Day

@Task 1:  Nominate someone for sainthood.  Who?  Why?

In my family, the nominee is my mother, for putting up with my father for the past 68 years.  It has been the joke in our family for as long as I can remember. Dad kind of marches to the beat of his own drummer, has always been a bit of an absent-minded professor. Growing up, Thanksgiving was a big deal and we all pitched into help Mom get the job done. However, on Thanksgiving day, we all knew that the only thing we could count on from my father was that he would choose that day to get himself involved with some sort of project that had to be done that day but had nothing to do with getting Thanksgiving dinner for 30 or 40 people on the table.

Task 2: St Andrew is revered in many countries, particularly in Eastern Europe, where he worked as a Christian missionary, long before his relics were brought to Scotland centuries later. – Tell us: Is there a book (regardless whether fiction or nonfiction) for which you would basically walk up to strangers and tell them: “Read this!”? What would you say and do to get people to read that particular book?

Not a one!! Not a scenario I could ever imagine.

Task 3: Legend has it that the saltire or St. Andrew’s cross (white on an azure background) – which constitutes the national flag of Scotland – originated as a cloud formation, symbolizing St. Andrew’s being crucified on an X-shaped cross rather than an upright one.  Do you have any pictures of unusual cloud formations?  If so, share them with us!

I took this photo on our trip to Chicago in early October. Although I flew to Chicago to get my college in nearby Wisconsin, neither of us have ever spent any time visiting the city. While DH was in his meetings, my camera and I had plenty of time to wander around. I fell in love with this view of the lighthouse off Navy Pier.

Task 4: The town of St. Andrews, where the saint’s bones ended up in the course of the spread of Christianity to Scotland, is also famous for its golf course and tournament.  List your 3 favorite books where golf is key to the plot.

Not a single book in my library has or would have golf as a key plot point.
Book: Andrew was the first apostle; read the first book in a series. OR:  Andrew and Peter were brothers; read a book about brothers. OR: Read books about or set in Scotland or by a Scottish author, or set in Charleston, South Carolina (which is where the celebrations as we know them today began – by a group of Scottish expats – according to scotland.org).
Looks like these two are serving double duty, at least for now