WOO HOO!!!! We have made it to the half way point.

Task 1: List the 3 books you’ve read this year you’re most “thankful” for (your favs) or the one book you’ve ever read that changed your life for the better.

@Task 2: Describe your perfect meal. What would you cook for the perfect celebration, or, what would you have your imaginary personal chef cook for you?

I like to cook and I like to cook for other people, so there is little chance that there is an imaginary personal chef lurking in my day-dreams. I don't have a favorite food and the menus in our house our constantly evolving. That said, my favorite meals are not so much about the food but about the traditions that bring us together and that dictate the foods we share.

Thanksgiving is the big one. We have been celebrating as a family for as long as I can remember. The core menu has been the same for years and years and years--turkey, stuffing, gravy, rice casserole, sweet potato puff and spinach casserole. The guest list is ever-changing but it is rarely less 20 people--family, extended family and friends--and rarely less than three generations --as many as we can figure out how to seat in the house. Our doors are always open.

My sibs and I all learned how to entertain a huge group by helping my mother do Thanksgiving every year (there was no opting out) and we have each carried those skills over into making holidays and gatherings for our own families and friends.

That said, the best party I ever did was an intimate dinner for 8 that I called "Black Ties and Tiaras." In keeping with the theme, I put on the ritz -- white linens, fine china, crystal and sterling silver, swanky from soup to nuts menu --and my guests all showed sporting black ties or tiaras as requested but without the dinner jackets and gowns. That was a fun evening.

@Task 3: Name a book you’ve read this year that you thought was full of “stuffing”.

A terrible attempt at a dramatization of the classic. One would expect more from Emma Thompson.

Task 4: Show us your 2018 book “harvest” – the books you newly acquired this year, regardless whether bought, received as gift or in whichever other way.

My harvest includes over 70 new titles in audios alone. There is just no way that I have the time to round up and post the over art for all of them. So how about just a screen shot from one page of my bookshelf?

----OOPS, can't even do that because the file is too big ---

Book: Autumnal covers, set in New England, or a turkey shows up in the story.