Good heavens! I disappear off to Philadelphia to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family and come back to find that there are THREE new flaps to open and enjoy!

Flap 7 -- Mawlid An-Nabi

Task 1: Make two “prophesies” you think will come to fruition in 2019 in your personal or reading life.

Task 2: The Five Pillars of Islam include almsgiving and the pilgrimage to Mekka. Tell us: Have you ever donated books or rescued them from (horror of horrors) being trashed? Alternatively: Is there a book-related place that is a place of pilgrimage to you?

When we downsized, I gave away a lot of books to people I did not know. I advertised on Craig's List and didn't ask what they planned to do with them. I'm sure many of them were simply re-sold, thereby helping someone provide for his family and not be a burden to the community.

Task 3: Prophets are messengers. Tell us: Which book characters are your favorite messengers (no matter whether humans, angels, (demi)gods, etc.)?

Task 4: Muhammad was a merchant before becoming a religious leader. List 5 books on your shelves in which a key character makes / undergoes a radical career change.

Book: If you can find a copy, read Kahlil Gibran’s The Prophet. Or read any book about a leader of a movement, nation, religion or large group, OR read a book with a green cover OR with a half moon on the cover.