Door 6 - International Day for Tolerance
@Task 1:  Find some redeeming quality in the book you liked least this year and International Day of Tolerancepost about it.
Great Courses: 12 Essential Scientific Concepts. Not bad as an introduction to the topic and I only DNF'ed it because it was too basic for me and I was bored.

Task 2: Tell us: What are the tropes (up to 5) that you are not willing to live with in any book (i.e., which are absolutely beyond your capacity for tolerance) and which make that book an automatic DNF for you? (Insta-love? Love triangles? First person present narrative voice? Talking animals? The dog dies? What else?)
Once I choose to read a book, there aren't many things that will cause me to DNF the story and if I do DNF something it is usually because I am bored or it isn't well written or I didn't choose well in the first place. So there isn't any specific trope that will get me to ditch a story. But there are some things that drive me crazy, that might put a book on the DNF list.
  • Books whose plot rests on factual errors made by the author (misunderstandings by characters is not the same). For instance, a book whose plot hinged on an insurance company wanting their money back some 50 years later (statute of limitations). I should have DNF'ed that one right then and there.
  • Too much graphic violence/horror
  • A really, really, really bad narrator
Task 3: The International Day for Tolerance is a holiday declared by an international organization (UNESCO). Create a charter (humorous, serious, whatever strikes your fancy) for an international organization of readers.

Task 4: UNESCO is based in Paris. Paris is known for its pastries and its breads: Either find a baker that specializes in pastries and bring home an assortment for your family, or make your own pastries using real butter and share a photo with us.
No pastries, too fattening. But I do use real butter for cookie baking and that is coming in a few weeks, so stay tuned.
@Book:  Read any fiction/non-fiction about tolerance or a book that’s outside your normal comfort zone.  (Tolerance can encompass anything you generally struggle with, be it sentient or not.) OR Read a book set in Paris.

Little did I know when I started reading this book that it would be a triple play. The book is about tolerance (or actually the lack of it, i.e. the re-emergance of anti-semitism in the early 21st century). I don't like reading books about anti-semitism or the Holocaust, so it is outside my comfort zone. It is set in Paris and in fact, in part near an area that I will be visiting in March (St. Germain-en-Laye).