Task 1:  Using book covers (real or virtual), create a close approximation of your country’s flag (either of residence or birth), OR a close approximation of a poppy.  Take a pic of your efforts and post.
In lieu of flag (the cover is a piece by Jasper Johns)

Task 2: Make an offer of peace (letter, gift, whatever) to a book character who has particularly annoyed you this year.
I can't. I can't remember who they are. If a book or a character annoys me, I just move on, quickly.

@Task 3: Tell us: What author’s books would you consider yourself a veteran of (i.e., by which author have you read particularly many books – or maybe even all of them)?
Dick Francis, Georgette Heyer, Nevil Shute--not only have I read a lot of the books by these authors but I re-read them regularly.

Task 4: Treat yourself to a slice of poppy seedcake and post a photo. If you want to make it yourself, try out this recipe: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/poppy-seed-cake/ … or this one: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1629633/lemon-and-poppy-seed-cake
If my sister-in-law makes a poppy-seed cake for Thanksgiving, then I will have a taste. But, there are so many amazing desserts on offer that day, it will only be a small taste. I have to save room for my mother's fruit cup and my nephew's tiramsu and my sister's biscotti and my other sister-in-law's pecan pie and all the cookies.

@Book:  Read any book involving wars, battles, where characters are active military or veterans, or with poppies on the cover.
Crossfire by Dick Francis