I am adding new audiobooks to my shelf this morning. With the shelve it button only working with the UK site, it is more complicated to find a book and shelve it, especially when starting from AudibleUS, which defaults to AmazonUS. In the process, I am digging up housekeeping chores galore for the Librarians--missing cover art, editions to combine, etc.-- and learning new things.

I've learned that some of the titles I am looking for have different ASINs in US and UK. I'm now reporting the multiple ASINs, figuring that the Librarians will handle it anyway they see fit. It is very time consuming/inefficient to curate a multi-million entry database one entry at a time, especially when the curators are volunteers. So, many, many thanks to the LIbrarians! I am your biggest fan!

I'm also learning that even if the audiobook is actually already in the database, searching by ASIN on BL won't necessarily find it. (Oh dear, that's not good. Too many false negatives leads to duplicate entries for the same ASIN). Audiobooks are even harder to find because most of the time the narrator is listed as an author and the editions have not been combined with print or other digital edition. The only definitive way to find a specific edition is using the shelve it button from the Amazon.co.uk website. If shelve it can't find it, it isn't there.

Please do not think I am complaining. Booklikes is a free service and I am grateful to the owners for its continued existence. We all would not be here, together otherwise. In the meantime, I'm sharing what I have learned about how things work and hoping that others will find the insights helpful.