36 Books That Changed the World - R. Andrew Wilson, John E. Finn, Jerry Z. Muller, Brad S. Gregory, Charles Kimball, Daniel N. Robinson

This series of lectures is actually a compilation of lectures from other courses, some better than others. At least if you don't like a particular lecturer, you only have to put up with him for half an hour.

I decided to listen to this course for two reason. First, I was curious to know which books were on the list and why the lecturers thought they were game changers. Sometimes the questions was answered and sometimes it wasn't. At least it wasn't a series of cookie-cutter lectures, each trying to defend its being chosen for the list. Second, I'm too lazy to read all of the books myself, especially the ones that are purely philosophical, and this would be an easy way to become familiar with the titles and learn  a bit about them--and who knows, I might even read a couple (more) of them.

Lists like these are always open to dispute and I would like to point out that at least the title is not claiming that this is the definitive list of 36 game changers. If you want a complete list of the 36 titles on this list, go to my blog.