It was a long weekend while the Booklikes website was down for repairs but I am thrilled that it is up and running again. In the down-time, I worked a bit on GR and was just so disheartened. I imported my book list and a whole big bunch did not import because the ASIN number was not in the database. Then I went to add a title and it wasn't in the database either. What a pain in the ass it will be to have to contact GR each time I want to add another title.

It was wonderful to read Booklikes' Katie on Friday afternoon and then so disheartening to read the replies. I remember how my father would react after a long day at the office and my baby sister would confront him the moment he walked in the door demanding that he punish my brother for some transgression or other when all he wanted was a big hello from all of his kids and a chance to unwind after another thankless day at the office. So, during this weekend's outage, all I could think was that the owner's, after reading all of the thankless, self-centered demands to their Friday afternoon post had simple said, "Fuck it. Who needs this aggravation." Some people just don't know when to shut up; Friday was one of those times.

Listen up everybody! The owners do NOT owe you any sort of explanation. You don't pay a penny to use this website. If you don't like the way it is being run, you are free to leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. The owner's built this website once and I am sure that they will be able to do it again.